Are you a developer or gaming enthusiast? Then you may have heard of the Vortex mod manager. Whether you have or haven’t heard of this application, we’ll show you all you need to know about it.
And most importantly, the Vortex mod manager’s features, which make the manager a must-have and an alternative to your current mod manager. The fact that this manager supports several games and can be downloaded on Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10 makes it even more interesting.
What is the Vortex Mod Manager?
The Vortex mod manager is an application that was launched by Nexus Mods. The app allows you to mod games and it simplifies the modding process for even new users. The goal is to offer an intuitive modding experience for everyone. Veterans, on the other hand, can take advantage of the high-end features that have been packed into this modern manager.
Over and above that, the Vortex mod manager operates by letting you manage your mod files, sort load order, and even automate each of these processes. Therefore, if you love modding, here’s an app you need to take advantage of. It’ll make your modding task faster thereby leaving you more time to play your games.
It’s also worth noting that this new app is an upgrade to the Nexus Mod Manager, which was Nexus’ former manager. Like the older version of the manager, this one is also gaining popularity among developers. You can download and install mods easily with the application.
Features of the Vortex Mod Manager
Some of the top features of the Vortex Mod Manager are:
1. Multi-game Support:
Vortex mod manager supported games are quite numerous and that is as many as 65 games. Some of these games include Fallout and Skyrim, Dark Souls, Witcher series, and Stardew Valley. According to its Nexus, this is the “most versatile mod manager” out there.
2. Integration with Nexus Mods:
Vortex integrates with Nexus Mods. As such, you can find, install, and play mods directly from the Nexus website.
3. Load Order Manager:
This manager automatically sorts your load order. The latter helps to handle mod conflicts in an easier and more convenient manner.
4. Easy to Use Interface:
The Vortex mod manager offers you easy access to tools. It also helps you manage your games, downloads, plugins, and saved games.
5. Extensions and Plugins:
This mod manager can be used to write extensions and frameworks. These extensions can interact with Vortex.
6. All-in-one Program:
When you use the Vortex mod manager, you’ll be able to manage all the games you get from Nexus Mod’s website. This is a popular website with several mods of video games from different players. It’ll make the modification of any game easier for you.
Is Vortex Mod Manager Safe?
Vortex is safe for use and it is a better alternative to NMM. And given that it is the official mod manager from Nexus, you can be confident of its safety. Vortex is often recommended as a great option when you’re modding from scratch.
Is Vortex Better than NMM?
Vortex serves as a good replacement to NMM/MO/ and other mod managers. As such, you can switch to it even if you already have one of the aforementioned managers. Nonetheless, there’s a learning curve when you switch to this new alternative mod manager. There’s support in place to help you maneuver through the manager seamlessly.
On the other hand, you can download the Vortex Mod manager here.
How to Install the Vortex Mod Manager
To install the vortex mod manager, do the following:
- Register or login to www.nexusmods.com. If you’re a new user, be aware that this platform offers free and paid membership. You have a choice of settling for one or the other.
- Download the vortex mod manager. The application supports various mods but it’s best you use it with Nexus mods.
- Next, log in to vortex from a web browser and sync to the vortex desktop application.
- The next step is to set the directory of the mods. It should be on the same drive you store your games. The need to choose the right drive is to enable the mod to manage your games since some mods rely on the mod and games being on the same drive.
After choosing the directory for your mod, choose the Hardlink Deployment option. The steps below will guide you through the whole process.
- Go to Settings, click on Vortex
- You have the option of choosing Multi-User mode that will enable you to use the mod Per-User or Shared.
- If you opt for Per-user, each user account on your computer will have their own mods and settings but a shared mode uses the same mod and settings for all users.
- Finally, choose the base path as stated above, and select Hardlink deployment.
Installing the Manager
- Set Vortex to support Nexus links by selecting the blue button
- Another way to choose the option for Nexus links is to navigate to Settings, Click on Download, and Check the handle for the Download with Manager
- You can check the downloads pane after the download. Then install the mod.
- After installation, navigate to the ‘Mod’ pane and then enable the Mod
Pros and Cons of Vortex Mod Manager
The pros of the mod manager are:
- Intuitive interface
- Auto-sorting mod system
- Over 65 games supported
- Integration with Nexus Mods
- A learning curve before you can master its usage
The vertex mod manager comes with lots of features to support the modding of games.
The application offers a simpler and more convenient way of managing your files.
Therefore, consider upgrading to this mod manager to enjoy all the features it offers.