Last week, when Huawei took the wraps off its P40 series, it also announced a new version of EMUI. The new EMUI 10.1 brings lots of new features including an AI Voice Assistant, a video calling app called MeeTime, new themes, and an improved AoD feature among others.
While it is a no-brainer that the Huawei P40 series will ship with the new version out of the box, the manufacturer knows folks are eager to know if their devices will get the update and when. Huawei has now released a list of eligible devices and the schedule for the EMUI 10.1 update.
According to the list, a total of 36 phones will get the EMUI 10.1 update and this includes Honor devices though some Honor phones will get it as Magic UI 3.1. Below are the devices and the timeframe for the update:
- March 31 (Closed Beta Recruitment) – Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 RS Porsche Design, Mate 20 X 4G, Nova 6, Nova 6 5G, and Nova 6 SE. The MatePad Pro, MediaPad M6 10.8, MediaPad M6 8.4, and MediaPad M6 Turbo Edition will also get a closed beta update starting today.
- Mid-April 2020 (Open Beta) – Huawei P30 and P30 Pro, Mate 30 4G, Mate 30 5G, Mate 30 Pro 4G, Mate 30 Pro 5G, Mate 30 RS Porsche Design.
- April 2020 (Closed Beta Recruitment) – Mate 20 X 5G, Mate Xs, Mate X (End of April), Nova 5 Pro (Mid April), Nova 5, Nova 5i Pro, Nova 5z, and Enjoy 10S (late April).
- March 31 (Open Beta) – Honor V30, Honor V30 Pro, Honor V20, Magic2, Honor 20, and Honor 20 Pro.
- March 31 (Closed Beta Recruitment) – Honor 9x and Honor 9X Pro.
- Early April (Closed Beta Recruitment) – Honor 20S
- Late April 2020 (Closed Beta Recruitment) – Honor 20 Lite